Argus Institute Counseling and Support Services
The Argus Institute provides free grief counseling relating to pet loss and support to those making end-of-life decisions for their pets. Founded in 1984, our unique program is one of the longest standing, most comprehensive programs of its kind. Our clinical counselors offer support to people who are facing difficult decisions regarding their pets’ health and help them manage the challenges of caring for a sick animal.
How can we help you?
Integrated into your animal's medical team, we play many roles, including:
Advocate for you and your pet's needs
- Fostering the partnership with you and your veterinary care team
- Facilitating decision-making
- Providing updates during surgery and high-risk procedures
- Navigating financial situations
- Assisting during crises
Support for individuals and families
- Quality-of-life assessment
- Euthanasia decision-making
- Support during euthanasia
- Parent-child discussions
- Grief counseling